Thursday, July 24, 2008

Cruised into Cody, WY

OK...I had a few pictures from the other day. This is the sign by the Red River State Park in East Grand Forks, Minnesota.
We traveled from Dickinson, ND to Billings, MT. All interstate highways are not created the same. I-94 has very little traffic, which is nice. One thing about travelling with a 13 year-old, black lab is that she doesn't always time her stops with ours. So this picture of the flag above was taken at a Historic Site off the interstate which has some of the only evidence of the Lewis and Clark expedition; some carving in the sandstone on the Yellowstone River. We didn't check out the site, but stopped for a nice dog walk spot. :-) As we approached Billings, we noticed a smokey haze. Since we haven't watched the news, we contemplated where it might be from. Apparently there was a lightning strike fire in Billings the night before which was being problematic. But the smoke wasn't too thick where we stayed, at the Billings KOA. And wouldn't you know it... no pics. What was I thinking? This is a VERY nice KOA too! I would highly recommend it...check out their website...their pics don't hide anything. It's only downfall was a very weak to non-existent wi-fi signal.

Now....today we had a short drive...Yeah! 2 hours! And we arrived here...at the Cody KOA. Hopefully you can tell from this picture that I did take that this is NOT our kind of place. Dead attempt for a tree, narrow site on top of your neighbors...but we shouldn't be spending too much time at the campsite. I looked into the Buffalo Bill State Park, which IS our kind of spot, but there is no electricity. With the temps in the mid-80's this week, we need AC for the dogs. We will be here 3 nights. Our plans include touring the Buffalo Bill Museum, seeing the nitely rodeo, and who knows what else. :-)
Now Chris was embarrassed that I would actually put these pictures on the blog...but some of you will surely understand. This pic is our vacuum assortment in the 5er. 3 vacuums for a 35 ' 5er is a bit excessive. We started with the green Bissel...should have known that just wouldn't clean up enough. Then we added the little shop vac...well that only worked if I vacuumed on my knees, but we're going to keep it in here in case of a 'wet clean-up'. So the new vac is a GE vertical from Wally World. So far so good! Wow- there was a lot of dog hair on the floor.

So I should be able to get some more interesting pictures than my new vacuum cleaner in the next few days ;-) Until then...safe travels...and a special thanks to our friends at home feeding our horses! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment