You are about to travel along with our family, traversing the country and celebrating God's natural wonders! Enjoy!
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
New Mexico- The Land of Enchantment
Tonight we are in New Mexico, the Land of Enchantment. It was a beautiful driving day with clouds scattered across the sky, raining in the distant mountains, yet sunny over the road. My picture finger has been asleep the last two days, so no pictures of that... sorry. When I realized I needed some pictures to show you, I ran outside to get a shot of our site at the Las Vegas, New Mexico KOA. As you can see, the sun was already going down! We've been driving towards our Arizona home since leaving Custer State Park on Tuesday morning. We drove the red roads from Custer, South Dakota down into Colorado. When we pulled into where I thought we would spend the night in Sterling, Colorado... it did not give us the good camper vibe, so we continued down the road. There was one year when I always made reservations, but now I don't. I usually have a plan A and a plan B, because we never know just exactly where we will get to. It has always worked out without reservations, so I don't worry about that anymore. We just need to be more careful if it's a weekend or a holiday. So anyways, we continued down the road to Brush!, Colorado. No, my finger didn't slip... all the city signs seem to have exclamation points. There is a free municipal campground next to a city park that has electric and water. Aside from the teenagers who hung out nearby with their thumping music for about an hour, this was a good overnight spot. The spaces are parallel along the side of the pavement with the electrical and water hook-ups. Can't complain for free! There is a playground at the adjoining park as well as their city pool. We were on the road early this morning... 8:30! Usually we are on the road by 9:30 or 10, so you can see we really downed our java quick this morning. I can also recommend this KOA. I know KOA's vary widely in quality and cost. This one is reasonable and has a nice Pinon Pine wooded feel.
Tomorrow we will drive the blue roads. Yep, back to the interstates. It will be a nice change from the red roads and we're almost home. We love to be on the road, but when we know our final "fun" stop is over and we're on the way home, we just try to get there. We drove about 380 miles today and will do the same tomorrow to venture into our home state of Arizona. We probably have one more night on the road ... maybe we'll be "standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment