Sunday, July 4, 2010

Bald Eagle- The Symbol of Our Nation

Happy 4th of July to all! Our annual voyage to Canada is wrapping up and we will head back to the USA tomorrow. Caleb has had a great year fishing and this Lake Trout is proof! After we saved our fillets, we took the fish guts over to the rock to give the Eagles and Gulls a special treat.
I kayaked over near the location in my Sea Eagle 370 to catch the following shots of these Bald Eagles. There were 5 Eagles total: 2 adults and 3 juveniles. One doesn't realize just HOW BIG they are until you are underneath while one flies overhead with dinner in it's talons! For all those who are avid birders, please understand that I am not! It was a bit scary!!
The juveniles haven't developed their full coloring yet but are just as massive! As I was bobbing in the waves, looking through the viewfinder, the thought ocurred to me that these Trout remains could attract a Black Bear. Soon from the woods I hear a loud SNORT! Uh Oh! "Hello!" I say outloud, switching my focus to the woods. Then another SNORT! I'm getting nervous but finally see a Doe who isn't so sure about me being in the bay with my kayak. She continued to snort at me, and I know she has a couple babies, so I paddled across the channel to the dock. Phew- not a bear! There are Black Bear and Wolves in this area.
We would also like to wish Grammy a very Happy Birthday!

I will add some more Canada pictures soon! (Technical difficulties...)

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment